× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: firmware update option

SAG1
Tutor

firmware update option

Is there a way to download a firmware update from my desktop PC to a USB drive and then install it to the extender somehow? I'm having issues logging in to my extender through WiFi. By the way, the extender is working fine. I just wanted to update the firmware.

Another words, is there any other way to update the firmware besides going through http://mywifiext or the ip address of the extender?

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

hardwire into the extender using its eithernet port. Then you can update manually. This is the method I recommend for upgrades for everyone. 

You do need to login to the extender but when you go to  settings----firmare update   then you click the browse button and navigate to wherever you downloaded the firmware to. Make sure to extract it after you download it. 

Message 2 of 6
SAG1
Tutor

Thanks for the info, however my Windows based tablet doesn't have a cat5 connector. All it has is a micro usb port.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

You can buy a micro usb to ethernet adapter for pretty cheap. Our borrow a laptop
Message 4 of 6
Farmgirlchatty
Aspirant

How do you get to settings without being logged in?
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@Farmgirlchatty wrote:
How do you get to settings without being logged in?

You don't. You have to log into the router to access the settings. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7