× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: hardwire all components and use the same names on all devices

donxr
Aspirant

hardwire all components and use the same names on all devices

I am looking for a new router setup.  I want to have the main router connected to the cable modem and all additional devices hardwired to the main router.  I want the same network names and passwords of all devices (2.5, 5G and Guest).  I want seamless transfer to the strongest device as I move around.  What Netgear equipment works like this.  I tried calling support but they only know what is given to then to read.  They are not tech savvy enough to understand and answer.

Message 1 of 5
donxr
Aspirant

Well I see community may not be the place for help

Message 2 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi donxr, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately. With your setup, you may want to check our Mesh systems.

https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 5
donxr
Aspirant

So does no one know the real answers to what I asked.  I can not get any help from Netgear.  Now I wonder about the community.

I currently use an Apple router.  Unfortunately Apple does not make/sell their router product any longer.

I would like to have a main router connected to the modem and a second one connected via ethernet to that main router.  I want both units to broadcast the same network names and passwords.

I want something I can set up locally, not logging in to any server for serup.

Everyone suggests mesh.  But,  I see so many issues with mesh including hardwired networks that I am very concerned.  Now I see major issues with the newest software update for orbi/mesh.  

So how do I get to a tech person to get real details?

Message 4 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi donxr,

Kindly check this link and see if this helps your inquiry.

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7