× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

help

samkabha
Aspirant

help

hello i recently bought a router from someone it is Nighthawk RAX200, but it keep crash internet keep disconnecting everywhile... sometimes it worked a day and sometime every min it down, are there any setting to put, i have normal DSL router and connected the RAX200 via WAN, and then tried through 2.5G port  with the modem router,, are i missing things should i do anything else? help

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: help

What dsl router are you connecting it to? 

Cascading multiple routers can cause issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

If the dsl router is in router mode, have you tried the RAX200 in access point mode? 

What firmware is on the RAX200?

Have you factory resetting it since getting it? (since its used)

Message 2 of 5
samkabha
Aspirant

first i did factory reset, and on latest firmware RAX200-V1.0.4.120_1.0.61, the modem router i used as primary is : TP-link Archer VR600, and today i use BE router HT138s maybe the tp-link not good , but how can i configure the two routers, to keep DHCP?  on the RAX to use WAN port?  what best setting for the RAX200 to work as router to take advantage of the 2.5g lan port on my desktop if there are no solution to make it AP?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you're wanting both routers to have dhcp, put the netgear's ip address into whatever gateway you're using's DMZ.

otherwise you're cascading and it can cause issues. 

You can put the tp-link or HT138s in modem only/passthrough mode. 

Or the netgear in access point mode.

Message 4 of 5
samkabha
Aspirant

i will try it when i got home thank you

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements