× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

home and external building wifi

Jjkallies
Follower

home and external building wifi

I have internet via US Cellular (Rural Customer) and have the Mesh 60 router connected to it - then also the Airbridge WBC502 pushing signal to external buildings on our property.  The WBC502 does not seem to be pushing enough to get a wifi signal outside of the home. 

I have the Airbridge connected to one of the Mesh 60 devices in my garage near a window that points to the external buildings.  

Can anyone help me to understand what I might have set up wrong?  The Mesh satellite devices are connecting to Netgear vs. on my US Cellular internet connection directly.  

Help - we are trying to operate some wireless thermostats in the shed building and with our WI weather this needs to be working properly.

Thanks Everyone.  

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: home and external building wifi

You should be able to log into the master and satellites airbridge to check its signal.

I don't have one so not sure what it should be but you should be able to check the connection status to see how its doing. 

Starting on page 136 of the manual it goes over that. 

Your master, is it external to the home/garage or is it trying to broadcast through a wall? They don't penetrate object well so having it external is key. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7