× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

i have a netgear genie how to i fix it and getting it back working?

trev01
Follower

i have a netgear genie how to i fix it and getting it back working?

i have a netgear genie extender/ booster and it had an orange blinking light on it one day and when i went to turn it off and turn it back on it wouldnt work plus i updated it recently also. and so im haveing problems resetting it. i push on the factory reset button for a few seconds and it dont reset. there is just blinking green light on it. plus when i go to plug it into my computer it shows up on there as unidentfied network and no internet. and it says no isp configuration. how do i fix it?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: i have a netgear genie how to i fix it and getting it back working?

Lets first start with a model number. Netgear genie is the software that controls some older products. On the back of your booster should be a model number.

You can go to netgear.com/support/ and type in that model number and it'll give you manuals, firmware, and installation guides.

In terms of the reset usually you need to hold reset while powered on for 7-10 seconds until the lights change. Not just a few seconds.

Some of the older devices responded well to a 30/30/30 reset. That means (while holding reset the whole time) pushing reset while on for 30, shutting it off while holding reset for 30 seconds, and powering it back on while holding reset for 30 seconds. 

Then follow the installation guide. 

You can also check your firmware. Which version are you on?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7