× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

model ex3700 doesn't connect to network or devices

qw
Aspirant
Aspirant

model ex3700 doesn't connect to network or devices

this wifi extender arrived in the mail today. i plug it in and try following the connect with WPS instructions. doesn't work. i press the WPS button on the extender, then on the router, and nothing happens.

but okay, w/e. so i try the connect with web browser option.

launch web browser, switch the wifi network from the main router/modem to the extender.

go to mywifi.net

doesn't work.

go to myWiFI.net auto-correct back down to lowercase, but works.

click the new extender setup.

click that i want it in wifi exteder mode, not node mode.

it finds teh 2.4Ghz but not the 5 Ghz in the same physical device. *note* it is in the same room, 9 feet away.

then it asks for a password. i input the password and it doesn't work. so i input the WPA2 key and it doesn't work.

sometimes it responds with "extender was not able t connect to your existing network" other times it brings up a err0r 404 page not found.

neither thing was changed from factory default. both factory defaults are printed on the router itself, and i've double checked multiple times that there are no typos. also i've reset all of the devices, and cold booted them.

how do it get it to work?

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
qw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: model ex3700 doesn't connect to network or devices

new problem: 

typing 'mywifiext.net' doesn't consistently bring up configuration.

since there aren't any comments, do i take it that the product is bugged?

Message 2 of 5
Svante0302
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem. Netgear-**bleep**!
Message 3 of 5
Svante0302
Aspirant

Now, i fixed it! Try to reset it by pressing the factory-reset button in 10 seconds. It helped me. Good luck!
Message 4 of 5
qw
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for the support, btu that doesn't seem to work for me. i'd upload screenshots to help get better support for peopel with the same problem, but there is no image upload function.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7