× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: my AC 1900 EX 7000 extender lights are going off after a couple of minutes and then it does not

PPG48
Aspirant

my AC 1900 EX 7000 extender lights are going off after a couple of minutes and then it does not star

when I start my range extender you see all of the lights, then the the first three lights from the top going down light up in AMBER but after a couple of minutes they go off and then nothing at all.

Could someone please assist.

Thank you

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: my AC 1900 EX 7000 extender lights are going off after a couple of minutes and then it does not

Ok, if you've determined its bad more than once with different agents, I'm just curious what you think we can do that'll be different? 

Sorry, not trying to sound like an ***hole but not wanting to have you waste a bunch of time. 

Did you get an RMA number? 

Usually you ship it back first and then they replace it unless you paid for them to send you one first. 

And replacement goes through support. Not through the public support forum where members of the public help out. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You didn't give us much to go off other than the lights turn off. 

1. what precepitated this? Was it working fine before? Then had a storm and something happened? or what caused this? 

2. what firmware is on the extender? 

3. what router is it connecting to? 

4. are you able to hardwire into the extender and access it? 

5. have you tried a factory reset and reinstall? 

Message 2 of 4
PPG48
Aspirant

Good Morning,

Thank you for your message. sorry to say but,it is a long story with this extender.

It never really worked from the day one even though many Netgear agents accessed my home system to try to get it to work properly.It was supposed to be replaced last year under warranty but, at the time, I did not return the extender as I was attempting to resolve the reception issue I apparebtly had with my main Optus modem.Anyway,

about two weeks ago, I again connected the EX7000 in my home theatre and contacted another Netgear agent to assist. Again it was extablished to have issue and again I was supposed to receive a new RMA and a satchel.....I am still waiting desesperatly to receive it.

Please note that I had once again completely disconnected the extender and packed it .

However, in frustration, I thought to connect the extender in my home office, just in case and, that is what is happenning. 

1. Nothing precipitated the issue
  2. Connected to power supply
  3. All lights lit to start, then three Amber, then all off and total blank
  4. Latest firware was verified by Netgear agenton last occasion
  5. It was only connected for WiFi not to my Netgear R8000 router
  6. As previously mentionned no accessind even after hardwiring 
  7. Attempted four times to full y reset but to same results.

Thank you for your esteemed assistance.

1. connected to the power supply

2. aAll lights were working before at start up , then, three Amber lights, then all gone off, total blank

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Ok, if you've determined its bad more than once with different agents, I'm just curious what you think we can do that'll be different? 

Sorry, not trying to sound like an ***hole but not wanting to have you waste a bunch of time. 

Did you get an RMA number? 

Usually you ship it back first and then they replace it unless you paid for them to send you one first. 

And replacement goes through support. Not through the public support forum where members of the public help out. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7