× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

my laptop can connect to my WNR1000v2 router but can not access the internet.

pkuna
Novice

my laptop can connect to my WNR1000v2 router but can not access the internet.

i have tried to connect to the internet and nothing. weird thing is that my psp can connect and recive internet yet my laptop is unable to do so. someone help!:(
Message 1 of 4
marco90
Aspirant

Re: my laptop can connect to my WNR1000v2 router but can not access the internet.

I have the same problem, have been working on it for days, have no idea what it is. All I know is our other two computers work fine, only difference between them is mine runs windows Vista, they are running XP and Windows 7. That seems to be my only lead and I have found no solution which works, hope we can find an answer...
Message 2 of 4
fordem
Mentor

Re: my laptop can connect to my WNR1000v2 router but can not access the internet.

If you're connecting wirelessly, check your encryption settings, follow that up by verifying that the ip addressing & DNS servers entries are set for automatic addressing.
Message 3 of 4
PBureau
Tutor

Yes I had that issue, windows xp and sometimes win 7 will identify your security (set for AES and TKIP WPA2 as as WPA encription and will connect but fail to properly identify itself, resulting in a "connected" but no access" situation. in your devices make a maual input rigth click on networks and select "advanced" and select the matching encryption to your router. and try again
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7