× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

mywifiext.net serial number input box too small

niemand0
Aspirant

mywifiext.net serial number input box too small

I have a new AT&T router that has a serial number containing 14 character, but your mywifiext.net can only take 13 characters. What's the fix?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: mywifiext.net serial number input box too small

Hello niemand0 - I recommend performing a factory reset on the extender by holding the reset button with a pin or pen for 10+ seconds. After doing so, follow the instructions to set the extender up from scratch. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 3
niemand0
Aspirant

Re: mywifiext.net serial number input box too small

I performed a factory reset and connected with the extender, but there is no Internet still because I still need to enter the new router's serial number into www.mywifiext.net in order to be authorized for access. Unfortunately, the serial number contains more characters than the input box on mywifiext.net can accept. Please see screenshots for clarification.

My new AT&T router has a serial number that is longer than 13 characters!My new AT&T router has a serial number that is longer than 13 characters!No Internet access because I am unable to input the full serial number of my new AT&T router.No Internet access because I am unable to input the full serial number of my new AT&T router.

What is the work-around for this problem? Can you make that serial number input box on mywifiext.net accept more characters?

Model: EX2700 N300 WiFi Range Extender

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7