× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: mywifiext scam?

amaradevid
Star

mywifiext scam?

I'm doubtful about paying $250 to a Netgear technician who said my device's ip is conflicted and my network is hacked? Now I'm doubtful about all this, can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
annesarah
Tutor

Yes you are possibly scammed. 

If you have just bought your netgear extender then netgear provides complementary 90 days support on all their products. So paying even a single penny to anyone is worthless.

Moreover, I also saw the same scam happened to my mother who lives in other city. So one day she resetted the netgear wifi extender and was trying the setup again. So while trying to access their online setup page that is "mywifiext" she landed on fake websites who posed as netgear techs when she had a chat with them. Later she was scammed for $500 for simply just setting up her extender which was working absolutely fine. Later she called me up and told me everything.

I digged up more on this issue online and I came across one video which explains exactly how this all scam works. Do watch this video guys if you want to save your private information and credit card details. Also share it with friends and family members who owns netgear extender. Netgear Mywifiext Extender Scam Video.

Even netgear knows about this scam and they use to run adds on their official website to aware as many people as possible. Do change your computer password and wifi password. Plus change your credit card details too. 

Hope this helps!

@netgear @amaradevid N300 WiFi Range Extender (EX2700) AC1200 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX6150) AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6120) AC1200 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX6110) AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX6100) AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX5000) AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7700) AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7000) AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7300) AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7500) AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700) AX1800 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX20) AX1800 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX14) AX6000 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX80) 

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @amaradevid , you can always reach our official support team via the link below if you need any technical assistance with your NETGEAR device.

https://www.netgear.com/about/contact-us/

You can also call the number below.

1-888-NETGEAR (1-888-6384327)

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7