× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

need help.....

bobal58
Aspirant

need help.....

i am using a netgear ac 1750 cable  modem and am trying to hook up an netgear ac1900 in another room. can these 2 mess together easy and work or not

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0, R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: need help.....

The can work together but not with a mesh setup. Its best to seperate out the ssid's for each. If you're hardwiring them together (best option) the 2nd device will need to be in AP mode. 

Message 2 of 4
bobal58
Aspirant

well if you can tell me this in old mans language. im 60 but i built my own computer and i need to see if these will help my wifes table connection.  i dont know what some of these ap and others mean. i know what hard wire means. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What AP means is access point mode. It turns off the routing function of the r6900 and lets the c6300 run as the router. This prevents double nat situations and other conflicts. Its best to have seperate names for the routers for their wireless SSID as well as try to have their wireless channels seperate to reduce interference.  this is how you'd put the r6900 in ap mode.   

ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP

If you go to netgear.com/support/       enter in your specific model numbers, there's manuals for specifics for each devices

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7