× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear EX7700 - how to disable the Mesh function (same network name of router)

misanil
Aspirant

netgear EX7700 - how to disable the Mesh function (same network name of router)

dear all, I have some problems with the Mesh function of my EX7700; it works perfectly with different devices but it seems that is causing problems to mi WiFi Security Cameras.

Is there a procedure in order to disable the Mesh function and create a different network name (... -EXT) for the extender?

thank you

regards

Lorenzo

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: netgear EX7700 - how to disable the Mesh function (same network name of router)

Follow this guide. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000044732/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-One-WiFi-Name-on-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-WiFi-...

Before I'd disable the mesh, I'd actually go into your extender and rerun setup. During setup uncheck the "extend 2.4ghz" network option. Reason why is it uses the 2.4ghz as failover and can create issues. You'll still be able to use 2.4ghz on the extender, it just doesn't use it as failover. You might find that works to let you keep using it as mesh and improve stability. 

Message 2 of 5
misanil
Aspirant

Re: netgear EX7700 - how to disable the Mesh function (same network name of router)

thank you for your immediate response.

I'm going to try this solution and I'll let you know results

regards

Lorenzo

Message 3 of 5
misanil
Aspirant

Just a question... can I re-run setup using Nighthawk APP via smartphone, and how?

Otherwise, please can you kindly direct me towards the right procedure?

thank you again

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

I would just factory reset it and rerun it with the installation assistant. Its during setup with the assistant that you uncheck the box. 

here's a video of using the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7