× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear ac2200 triband nighthawk

kdon23
Aspirant

netgear ac2200 triband nighthawk

I went thru the set-up successfully, trying to see if the setup is working correctly.  When the extender is synced with the router (Nighthawk AX4 Wifi 6 Router RAX40) only the 2.4 ghz light is lit, and only when it is plugged in next to the router.  When I move it to the next room the 2.4 nor the 5.0 light up?  In a successful set-up should both be lit?

Thank you, tried to find the answer but nothing

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: netgear ac2200 triband nighthawk

what extender do you have? AC2200 is a speed. 

Usually with the extenders, the 2.4ghz/5ghz light comes on when a device (phone, tablet, pc, etc) is connected to it. It doesn't signify the connection to the router. Again, not 100% because you didn't include extender model.

Also, I think all the AC2200 extenders are mesh extenders. meaning its your device (phone, tablet, etc) that roams between the router and extender as needed. If you set it up in mesh mode. 

Message 2 of 6
kdon23
Aspirant

I bought the Netgear Wifi mesh extender EX7500

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

The EX7500 is a mesh extender. 

Did you set it up using the defaults or using wps? If so, it'll defautl setup in mesh mode (one wifi)

https://kb.netgear.com/000044732/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-One-WiFi-Name-on-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-WiFi-...

Message 4 of 6
kdon23
Aspirant

i used the defaults not the WPS, initially tried the WPS but had issues.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

So what issue are you having?
the 2.5ghz/5ghz lights turn on when a device is connected to the extender. If nothings roamed to the extender, they won't be on

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7