× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear ac2200 triband nighthawk

ePapaleo
Aspirant

netgear ac2200 triband nighthawk

Hello Netgear Community! I recently purchared the netgear ac2200 triband nighthawk because I moved and the wifi did not reach my new office location. I have been able to successfully connect and I have eliminated all wifi issues I was having with my laptop. My iphone is a different story. My phone will not stay connected to wifi. It toggles back and forth between data and wifi allll day long. I've tried forgetting the network from my phone and I did some iphone troubleshooting but I'm still having issues. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm just curious because my computer seems fine now with the extender but my phone does not. Kind of frustrating!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DavidRC
Apprentice

Re: netgear ac2200 triband nighthawk

To change to .206 firmware you can get the firmware here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7700.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.0.206

It is a zip file so you have to unzip it.

Then logon to your router (mywifiext.local on Windows) and you will see that Firmware Update is an option and you can use Upload Update File (it warns you that it is older than the current version). This .206 firmware has been working fine for more than a week (and it worked for months before the extender updated itself to .the .210 firmware). Also, switch off automatic updating of firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DavidRC
Apprentice

Is this the EX7700? If so then quite a few people are having problems with the latest firmware (.210). I have had no problems since going back to the .206 firmware.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/Nighthawk-AC2200-WiFi-Extender-EX770...

Message 2 of 5
ePapaleo
Aspirant

@DavidRC Well I am relieved to know I am not the only one. I'm not sure how to switch the firmware back to .206 can you advise on that process?

Message 3 of 5
DavidRC
Apprentice

To change to .206 firmware you can get the firmware here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7700.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.0.206

It is a zip file so you have to unzip it.

Then logon to your router (mywifiext.local on Windows) and you will see that Firmware Update is an option and you can use Upload Update File (it warns you that it is older than the current version). This .206 firmware has been working fine for more than a week (and it worked for months before the extender updated itself to .the .210 firmware). Also, switch off automatic updating of firmware.

Message 4 of 5
ePapaleo
Aspirant

@DavidRC THANK YOU!!!!! Its working perfectly now. Took me a little bit to figure it out. I was trying to upload the firmware to the router, not the extender. Once I figured that out it was smooth sailing. Thank you again for you help!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7