× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear wn3000rp not finding 802.1

curtm
Aspirant

netgear wn3000rp not finding 802.1

This wireless range extender finds the WiFi network I would like it to connect to, but says it has WPA2 security, and only allows for the passphrase to be entered.

When I try to connect to the WiFi directly it says the connection uses 802.1 EAP, which asks for a user name AND password. It won't work with just the password, won't let me input t be user name. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 7
fordem
Mentor

Re: netgear wn3000rp not finding 802.1

What exactly are you having trouble with - connecting the range extender to your WiFi network? When you speak of trying to connect to the WiFi directly - what are you connecting to and what are you connecting with?
Message 2 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Sounds like network you are connection using authentication and not encryption base .

Where are trying to make this connection? Office?
Message 3 of 7
curtm
Aspirant

If I connect to WiFi with my android phone it works slowly in one room and not at all in another.

When I'm logged into the extender it wants me to connect that to the first WiFi source when I open the browser. It only lets me input a password, not user name which is required when logging in to the WiFi directly.
Message 4 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Andriod phone will support 802.11x but extender will not.
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

None of WN family extender will support 802.11x..
Message 6 of 7
fordem
Mentor

What are you connecting the extender to? Have you followed the extender setup instructions?
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series