× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

night hawk extender or orbi

drk1122
Follower

night hawk extender or orbi

Hi Maybe someone can help us as call in tech support has been somewhat useless.

We have an internet provider whos range is very poor and our house has some dead areas.  Its about 2700 sq feet

In addition my husband has a work phone that is internet based.

we are trying to decide me between an extender and the orbi system. 

We would like the flexibility to plug the internet phone into an extender or satilite ( is this possible?) .  But we are getting contradictory info as to whether this is possible.  We also are not sure if we actually need an additional router to boost our current router/modem.

thanks

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: night hawk extender or orbi

If your internet phone device just plugs directly into a router and works, it'll work with orbi.  If it needs something special (not sure what) then its a bit of a gray area. You say its his work phone? I'd contact the company that provides it to ask them as they'd be the experts on that specific device and not Netgear. 

I've been using orbi since it came out and like how seamless it works. You don't have to worry about different ssid's, it automatically roams, dynamically switches between radio's and devices.  Basically it just works. (for me anyway, some have had issues)  I've used both wireless extenders and mesh networks and I keep going back to the Orbi setup. 

Message 2 of 3
Hawker25
Aspirant

Re: night hawk extender or orbi

I’m in the same boat.  Have a NightHawk R7000 but spotty coverage at the other end of the house.  

Trying to decide to upgrade to Orbi or just go w an extender.  

What would the advantage be of doing a whole system upgrade.  I just bought the NH a couple or three years ago and have been very happy w it other than the one dead spot we have in the house due to slant range between two floors.  

Thanks in advance for any gouge.  

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7