× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk extender disconnecting

quida
Aspirant

nighthawk extender disconnecting

setup extender and it worked great bit every couple of days devices connected to the 2.4 connection are dropped. when I try to connect to it via phone I get message that ip address not found or something to that effect. if I unplug device and plug in it works again. netgear support of no help..spent hours on phone with them. any ideas. I have done initial setup her multiple times as well. if I do not get resolution I am returning and buying another brand.
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello quida

Have you updated to the latest firmware? you may also want to assign a static IP in your router to the extender.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
quida
Aspirant

great timing. just got off phone w netgear again. firmware was up to date. they assigned static channel to extender wifi and changes channel for 5ghz. 2.4ghz had channel as auto. will see in a couple of days if it is fixed.
Message 3 of 5
quida
Aspirant

Problem is back. how do I assign static up address? and if I do this can i change channels on router and / or extender or is it now set permanently?
Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello quida

You will have to assign the static Ip in your router and the channel should be the same one your router is using.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7