× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

no internet connection on 2.5gz on Sky

galegge
Aspirant

no internet connection on 2.5gz on Sky

Hi,

I have used my extender for at least 6 months with BT broadband with no issues at all.

We moved to Sky on wednesday and since then when I connect via 2.4gz I get no internet connecton. 5gz works fine as before.

This wouldnt really be a problem but my laptop which is pretty old only has 2.4gz connectivity.

The firmware is up to date and I have reset the extender several times.

The only difference is the Sky router. I have asked the Sky community the same question but I thought I would ask here too in case someone might have come across this problem already.

Thanks, George.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: no internet connection on 2.5gz on Sky

Try changing the 2.4ghz wifi channel the sky router is broadcasting on. I usually recommend 1-6-11 but I'd try several and see what works. 

If the 5ghz is connecting, the extender should be close enough as 2.4ghz broadcasts further and through more material so it shouldn't be a distance or object issue. Its more likely to be related to an interference issue. 

Message 2 of 3
galegge
Aspirant

Re: no internet connection on 2.5gz on Sky

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion, and one from Sky community, both didnt work.

However, during the process the 2gz channel stopped broadcasting on the Sky router but the 2.4gz channel on the expander started working. 

After checking it seems the repeater is taking the 5gz input and repeating it out of both 2 and 5gz channels, wthout error, with no 2.4gz input.

So tho its not 100% perfect its working great and it appears via the suggested fixes a solution was found.

Thank, George.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7