× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

no "manage wireless network" in Vista SP2 control panel

griz8214
Aspirant

no "manage wireless network" in Vista SP2 control panel

I do not see the Manage Wireless Network option in the Vista SP2 control panel so can not access the Netgear router. The router is working as another computer in the house is accessing it, and the problem computer used to access it before the hard drive rebuild was necessary.

What do I need to do?
Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: no "manage wireless network" in Vista SP2 control panel

you only need to use BROWSER to access the router

see bottom of the router and open the router interface.
Message 2 of 9
bastialex0825
Novice

If you know the password to your wireless network, Just scan for the wireless network name and key in your password. But if you dont know the password, you need to open a browser and type routerlogin.com on the address bar. that should take you to the configuration page of your router.
Message 3 of 9
griz8214
Aspirant

I used to see the NETGEAR in the list of available connections, but it isn't there anymore (since the hard drive rebuild), so I can't select it.

I've tried downloading and upgrading a driver, but get a message that the current driver is the best one.

Could some of the reloaded applications have corrupted something? All the applications were on this computer before the rebuild...which was necessary to get Vista SP1 & SP2 installed. I went so far as to delete the Windows partition, etc.
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if you are NOT able to see SSID of the router you are using then possible you have an issue with wireless on router? But assume other wifi device is connected?
Message 5 of 9
griz8214
Aspirant

Our HP mini sees the router just fine, and this Gateway laptop used to see it fine as well.
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sounds like either adapter you are using is not seated correctly or if this is USB adapter, use different USB ports and/or not sure share USB port with other USB products
Message 7 of 9
bastialex0825
Novice

Can you detect other wireless networks? (neighbors) Check wireless card properties on device manager.
Message 8 of 9
anandfbd
Aspirant

Well!! If you do not see manage wireless connection on the Network and Sharing center screen on your Vista computer then that clearly indicates that the wireless adapter on the computer is either not installed or it is facing certain software issues.

To isolate the issue, check the device manager on the computer and locate the wireless adapter in it. I am dead sure that the wireless adapter software/driver is not installed properly on the computer and requires reinstallation.

Thanks

Anand Gupta
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7