× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

not getting ip when connected to WN2000rpt

lutges
Aspirant

not getting ip when connected to WN2000rpt

Hello netgear forum users,

i'm having a problem with my acces point.
when connecting to it wireless there is no problem. (android devices excepted then i have to give them a static ip)

but back to the main problem.
now i want to connect a pc to it with a cable.
i'm not getting an IP adress. when i put it in manually it works but i would like it to work using DHCP. i'm using this extender in combination with an ZTE H220N router from my provider.

tried to reset modem and accespoint (no effect)
in settings of accespoint changed the dns server to use (no effect)
gave it an static ip insteadt of dhcp (no effect)

does anyone have an id how to solve the problem.
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: not getting ip when connected to WN2000rpt

usually using manual IP the solution for connecting to extender. 🙂
Message 2 of 4
lutges
Aspirant

yeah i know then it works but i would like it to work when using dhcp
Message 3 of 4
AzWiz
Aspirant

I have the same (or similar) problem. All my devices are issued static ip addresses based on their MAC address from the router (airlink DD-WRT). DHCP is on, but the range is 0, so that no ip addresses are issued randomly. The SSID broadcast is off.

One of the reasons I selected this extender was that it supported no ssid broadcast and WPA2 / AES security. Most others don't.

The router issues a static IP to the extender & sees the connection. Inside the extender it sees the router extension and the internet. I can see the extender, connect to it and get authorized. At this point it gets stuck. I requests but cannot get an ip address from the router. It just keeps repeating that cycle. When I get back in range of the router I connect with no problem. I want to avoid setting static IPs in each device as it makes management more of a headache. This way I control access and IP assignment for the whole network at the router and not the device, but so far, no joy.

Anyone,..... Anyone got any ideas?http://forum1.netgear.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7