× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

password not recognised -Ex2700

gelstne
Aspirant

password not recognised -Ex2700

Hi

Just Purchased an EX2700 to extend our WIFI into the further reaches of the house - not that far actually but thick old walls !!

Everthing worked as per the instructions - used WPS function all set up no problem. Range was extended to required area and is shown as $$$$$_ext. My problem is for some reason the normal password for the base router is not accepted by the _ext. tried several devices, they all see the _ext but I cant access with usual password.

How do I resolve ??

Thanks in advance

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: password not recognised -Ex2700

Hello gelstne, 

You can log into the extender's admin page by going to www.mywifiext.net. If they have not been changed, please login using the default credentials (Username: admin - Password: password). From there you should be able to locate the network key/password. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
gelstne
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the solution

But at the risk of sounding ignorant of all thing IT 🙂 how do I connect to my extender via the fixit adress. I cant connect to the extender on wifi  as the password does not connect.

Can use an ethernet connection but again what is the process once plugged in that will get me into the extender

Again sorry if this is obvious

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gelstne, 

Were you able to locate the network key when visiting the extender's admin page?

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7