× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Lost" one of the bands on my Dual Band 11 AC Range Extender EX6100v2

fahrout
Follower

"Lost" one of the bands on my Dual Band 11 AC Range Extender EX6100v2

Bought my Netgear Dual Band Range Extender in 2018.  Installed without issue and seemed to work just fine.  Was able to choose and switch back and forth between bands on all my devices.  Always showed both bands as "available."

My bands were labeled as "..._2GEXT" and "..._5GEXT."  At some point in the last few months (don't know exactly when), the band "..._5GEXT" simply disappeared.  No longer shows as available.  "..._2GEXT" continues to work just fine.  I see no indication on the unit itself that it is malfunctioning (everything shows "green") but, frankly, I've been afraid to unplug it from the wall for fear that I will lose whatever I have left.

I am barely computer-literate...anything beyond that (such as Wi-fi networking!) is an even bigger mystery to me.  I'm hoping there might be someone out there who could at least point this old dude in the right direction to troubleshoot this disappearing band. Can you help?

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: "Lost" one of the bands on my Dual Band 11 AC Range Extender EX6100v2

Hello fahrout, 

May you try performing a factory reset on the extender by pressing on the small black button using a pin for 15+ seconds then join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network using a phone or laptop. After you connect to the NETGEAR_EXT network with your phone or laptop, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions.

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7