× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: softtree scam

Anit
Aspirant

I called net gear support and she told me she would refer me to technical
Support . She transferred me then after logging on to my computer changing passwords ect . Told me it would be $99 or $199 for 1 yr or $299 for 2 years . I agreed on the 1 yr and they charged me for 2 . They said they would give me 2 for the price of 1 . The next day I could not log on to anything ! I called back and the person had me change everything back to how it was prior to person changing things !!! Printer still does not work ! I was on the phone almost 2 hours the first time and 40 min the second .
Message 51 of 52
schumaku
Guru

@Anit wrote:
I called net gear support and she told me she would refer me to technical Support .

Where have you discovered this phone number? What number have you called? Very unlikely you called Netgear.

@Anit wrote:
She transferred me then after logging on to my computer changing passwords ect . Told me it would be $99 or $199 for 1 yr or $299 for 2 years . I agreed on the 1 yr and they charged me for 2 . They said they would give me 2 for the price of 1 . The next day I could not log on to anything ! I called back ....

Again, what number have you called?

@Anit wrote:
...and the person had me change everything back to how it was prior to person changing things !!! Printer still does not work ! I was on the phone almost 2 hours the first time and 40 min the second .

Sounds like a typical scam case...

Message 52 of 52
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7