× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: unable to access login page for extender

mrr42
Aspirant

unable to access login page for extender

I misplaced the admin password for this network extender (model EX6150) and needed to recongifure a few things and upgrade the firmware so I did a factory reset thinking I could simply start over.  I was able to get the extender to connect to my router using WPS and basic connectivity seems to be working fine.  I do want to change some of the security settings, check the firmware levels and customize things to my needs though. 

After some intense investigation using the web interface (mywifiext.* and 192.168.0.250 didn't work), I was able to determine the IP address of my extender and was able to bring up the "new extender setup" page.  I tried filling out the page again (a number of times) but I don't seem to be able to get by that screen.  I then tried to guess at the admin login page URL (unsuccessfully) to try to circumvent this obstruction but I guess I am not clever enough to guess it.  I think if I could get the URL to enter into the browser to access the admin login page I might be able to use the default credentials to login and resollve the issue but as yet I have not been able to guess it. 

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mrr42
Aspirant

I was FINALLY able to get this resolved.  I needed to purchase an RJ45 connector (I have a MacBook Pro with only USB-C ports), hook it up to the EX6150 while I reset to factory defaults and eventually after a little poking I go to the logon screen.  Persistance paid off.....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mrr42
Aspirant

I was FINALLY able to get this resolved.  I needed to purchase an RJ45 connector (I have a MacBook Pro with only USB-C ports), hook it up to the EX6150 while I reset to factory defaults and eventually after a little poking I go to the logon screen.  Persistance paid off.....

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mrr42,

Thanks for providing an update to the post as it may help others in the future. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7