× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

update firmware for AC1200 wifi range extender model ex6150v2

leogabrielmiche
Initiate

update firmware for AC1200 wifi range extender model ex6150v2

I am having difficult updating the firmware on my range extender.  I can download the zip file, but beyond that, I cannot open it or run the update.  Any suggestions?

Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: update firmware for AC1200 wifi range extender model ex6150v2

You don't "open" the file. 

once downloaded, right click on it (if on windows) and extract it. 

then follow the manual firmware update process. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061572/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Extender

Message 2 of 4
coolmitch54
Aspirant

When I try to access my extender I get a page that says "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network." Then it gives me these instructions.

If your router and extender use the same WiFi network name (SSID), follow these instructions:

Note: These instructions apply only to the following extenders:

But my extender is not listed. How do I access it? As of right now I THOUGHT I had installed the update. But ever since I thought I had installed it I have had to constantly reconnect with my network on my phone or laptop in the kitchen. And sometimes right across from the modem/router! Any ideas?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

The ex6150 has an ethernet port. you can hardwire a pc/laptop into it to access it. 

You could also log into your router and look at its attached devices page (or equivelent) to find if the extender is connected and what its ip address is. then use that ip address to access it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7