× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi extender/bridge with gigabit ethernet?

mcmnky
Aspirant

wifi extender/bridge with gigabit ethernet?

Hello,

Does Netgear make a wireless bridge with gigabit ethernet ports? Or is one expected soon?

I'm looking to upgrade from a WGPS606 (wireless print server with 4-port switch) I've been using as a wireless bridge. I have a NAS and 3 PCs connected and looking for gigabit speeds for data between those devices.

The WN2500RP meets most of my requirements, except the LAN ports are 10/100. Requirements are dual band wifi (2.4 & 5 GHz) and 4 LAN ports.

The D-Link DAP-1533 and Buffalo AC1300 seem to have the needed features, but my preference is to go with Netgear to match the NAS and router. My experieince with home networking gear is different brands don't work as well together as homogeneous networks.

(I realize another option is to get a router and configure as a bridge, but again my preference is to go with dedicated device.)

Thanks,

Sean

(Apologies if this is a duplicate. I thought I submitted a new thread earlier, but don't see it.)
Message 1 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: wifi extender/bridge with gigabit ethernet?

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=88042

Forum go through the approval and may take longer... be patient
Message 2 of 3
mcmnky
Aspirant

Re: wifi extender/bridge with gigabit ethernet?

jmizoguchi wrote:
Forum go through the approval and may take longer... be patient

Yeah, when I submitted the second thread, I saw the blurb about moderator approval. Sorry about that.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7