× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi extenders have a WN3000RP if I purchase another extender will they communicate with each other

Dumbow29
Follower

wifi extenders have a WN3000RP if I purchase another extender will they communicate with each other

Want to get wifi to my old desktop computer (which does not have wifi capabilaty) in the summerhouse, have wn3000rp which give the garden and summerhose wifi signal if I plug the computer into another extender will they communicate with each other ok and give me wifi to the computer?

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: wifi extenders have a WN3000RP if I purchase another extender will they communicate with each ot

If the WN3000RP is near the desktop (or can be moved there), all you need to do is connect the desktop to the extender's ethernet port.

Otherwise, you have two options:

(a) purchase a wifi adapter for the desktop

(b) connect a second extender to the desktop's ethernet (basically using it as an adapter).

If you use (b) - the preferred setup is to configure both extenders to join the router wifi network.  However, if the second extender can't reach the router (or has poor throughput) then you can configure it to join the first extender's network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7