× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wireless speed dropping in AP Mode after firmware update

delgado
Tutor

wireless speed dropping in AP Mode after firmware update

hello, after the latest firmware update for my EX8000, i noticed that i need to reboot it at least once a week because, if not, my wireless connection will drop to 400mbits. Usually i have always about 700mbits, as i use the one of the 5GHz Band exclusively for one device. The other 5Ghz is used for all other devices, and the 2,4GHz is disabled.

I havent seen this behaviour before the firmware update and its really annoying. I rule out that this is a problem caused by my device connected to this network, as i have rebootet and diseabled/re-enabled the wireless system and its still only showing 400mbit connection. The only thing which leads to a higher bandwith is, as told above, by rebooting the EX8000.

best Regards

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
delgado
Tutor

Re: wireless speed dropping in AP Mode after firmware update

wow, really? Not a single response? So this is really great service. So its expected, that within my warranty (but with no chat/tel support active) to just send back the Extender to you blindly? This is ridiculus, i would appreciate some first support steps (logs, have you tried this and that blabla) before deciding to just ship it back to you, so that you only can tell me "nothing wrong here" ...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7