× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wndr3400 repeater

knightrider3001
Aspirant

wndr3400 repeater

I have a netgear cg3000d provided by my ISP. I also have a netgear wndr3400 layin around and want to make the wndr3400 as a repeater. I have not found any configurations on the cg3000d for setup as a repeater base. I do want this to be a completely wireless repeater well except the power cord. I have played around with this for a bit and searched and searched with no luck. PLEASE help.

If jmizoguchi responds please do not post a link I have seen most all of them on this topic it would be great if you could first do this then do this.
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Neither of products belongs to extender section

belongs to http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Message 2 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

all the post you will get will be same.... because that is the basic concept and SAME.

likely issues is your ISP provided branded firmware unit. If you could not setup with all URL with concept PDF then your branded firmware do NOT support

get wn2500rp extender and also security will be WPA2 and NOT WEP on repeating IF you could have done between CGXX and wndr3400

ALL same answer you will see. Using extender is the best way to keep wifi SAFEST
Message 3 of 8
knightrider3001
Aspirant

the wndr3400 has repeater settings in the firmware to be set as a base or repeater. Does the cg3000d HAVE to have the "base" option to use the wndr as a repeater?:confused:
Message 4 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Yes.................
Message 5 of 8
knightrider3001
Aspirant

It would be great if you could tell me where to find it. I know how to log in I just dont see any options that deal with repeating? Thanks
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you don't see I'm the cgxxx interface then it does not support it
Message 7 of 8
spaLOGICng
Aspirant

@knightrider3001: Have you yet been successful, at least with the WNDR3400? I do know this firmware supports Repeating. I have the Base Station configured, but I do I need to configure both G and N or just N? Do I need to change the SSID for both G and N or just N? Do I need to input the MAC's on the Base for both G or just N? Also, if N has a different name and is set to broadcast, why do I not see the Name in the list of available Networks?

The Instructions are clearer, not by much, than mud. The forums are lacking specific instructions. It is now day 4, and I tired. I believe Netgear should include a Repeater Wizard in the Genie, too.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7