× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wndr3700 Wireless devices can't access

psfortin
Follower

wndr3700 Wireless devices can't access

I have 3 laptops and 2 desktops that have for the past 9 months connected via my wireless connection on the WNDR3700. All of a sudden all the laptops get a fair to poor signal, or none at all. They can only get a signal when they are running in the same room as the router. I have reset the router through advice of NetGear, I have turned power off and back on. All the lights on the router appear to show that there is a connection. What gives? And what do I do about it? Thanks for any input.
Message 1 of 3
Alnico
Aspirant

The built-in wi-fi on XBOX360 models that have that feature does uses only the 2.4ghz spectrum. I have read reports that the black XBOX 360 N adaptor does support 5ghz but I find that quite dubious since mine clearly does not and I found no product literature that says otherwise when I searched.

Oh, wait, I found, "If you want to connect using the 5 GHz frequency band, you will need to add the black Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter to your Xbox 360 S console." at http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/error-cant-connect-wireless-network-978945. I'd double-check the packaging still before you buy one.

David Taylor
Microsoft Alumnus
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
NOTE: These comments and the opinions they contain are mine and not necessarily those of Microsoft or my current employeer. They are provided by me to use at your own risk.
Message 2 of 3
Alnico
Aspirant

...pasted to wrong window...
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7