Reply
Initial Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎2010-12-08

Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

I just bought my wife a Kindle. when I try to connect it to my wireless network, the Kindle asks for my network password. If I type in either my WEP pass phrase or my admin password, the Kindle rejects it - tells me I have the wrong password for the network. What password am I supposed to use?

Is there some trick I need to know to connect the Kindle to my network?

I have a WPN824v2 router.
Initial Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎2010-12-21

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

hi have got this problem fixed after 4 days of net searches and late nights

first you need to install the latest up date from kindle copy and paste link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200529700

next you need to rename your wireless network to a name of 10 or less letters and spaces
next either no password or a password of 8 letters

all this got my kindle wireless working with aol broadband and a netgear adsl2+ modem router dg834g v4 also fully updated
Regular Contributor
Posts: 89,285
Registered: ‎2009-01-27

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

usbrit wrote:
I just bought my wife a Kindle. when I try to connect it to my wireless network, the Kindle asks for my network password. If I type in either my WEP pass phrase or my admin password, the Kindle rejects it - tells me I have the wrong password for the network. What password am I supposed to use?

Is there some trick I need to know to connect the Kindle to my network?

I have a WPN824v2 router.


try use B&G mode and WPA or WPA2
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
N/A
Posts: 0
Registered: ‎2009-12-30

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

We had the same problem with the password not getting recognized by the router. An Amazon tech support suggested the following sequence: depower the router, wait 30 seconds, repower the router, and then re-start Kindle. It worked.
Initial Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎2010-12-28

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

I tried the depower router method and it still refused my network password. I downloaded the Kindle upgrade (3.0.3) but now I cannot login to the router login site to rename my network. I've always used the default admin/password set-up but that is just not working. What do I do? And please reply in very plain language. I have no idea what the "B&G mode" is, for example. Very simple help for this simpleton, PLEASE.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 89,285
Registered: ‎2009-01-27

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

login the router> wireless settings

read manual if you don't know how to login the router
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Initial Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎2010-12-28

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

I've logged into the router previously, for that matter, did it earlier today, trying to figure out this problem. I'm a simpleton but not an idiot. It's now not letting me in. I'd written down the info; I've used the Network Set-up info that I put on my desktop as suggested when I first set this up. I'd just like to be able to get back into the online site. I tried going back in my history to see if I could get around the password requirement by starting where I'd been earlier; no go.
Initial Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎2011-12-26

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

Smiley Happy Thank you so much - It worked like a dream - I'd only wasted 1 whole day searching for an answer!! Robbie

thor662 wrote:
hi have got this problem fixed after 4 days of net searches and late nights

first you need to install the latest up date from kindle copy and paste link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200529700

next you need to rename your wireless network to a name of 10 or less letters and spaces
next either no password or a password of 8 letters

all this got my kindle wireless working with aol broadband and a netgear adsl2+ modem router dg834g v4 also fully updated
Contributor
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎2011-12-31

Re: Adding a Kindle to Wireless Network

chandley wrote:
I've logged into the router previously, for that matter, did it earlier today, trying to figure out this problem. I'm a simpleton but not an idiot. It's now not letting me in. I'd written down the info; I've used the Network Set-up info that I put on my desktop as suggested when I first set this up. I'd just like to be able to get back into the online site. I tried going back in my history to see if I could get around the password requirement by starting where I'd been earlier; no go.


The only thing I would suggest is to press and hold the reset button at the back of the router for 10 seconds. This should set everything back to the default factory settings. Then the factory set username and password should work, but you'll lose anything you had changed.
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 19717 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Top Contributors