Initial Contributor

WN2000RPT - DHCP. Am I making this too complicated?

My setup: Cable modem>WatchGuard Firebox Wireless AP>WN2000RPT

My WatchGuard is setup as a DHCP server and has no MAC exclusions. My WN2000RPT is connected to it with no problem. My problem is DHCP. First, I know I can configure a computer with a static IP and use the WN2000RPT's IP as the Gateway to connect and get internet etc.

What I'm trying to do is connect to the WN2000RPT units like Google Revue, Slingbox Radio and stuff like that where you can't enter static IP info. So what's happening is they are not getting an IP address from the WN2000RPT which makes sense.

My question is, is there any way around this? A DHCP relay perhaps. Or am I missing something here because I don't see any settings to make the WN2000RPT a DHCP server.

In other words, when I connect something to the WN2000RPT I want it to provide an IP via DHCP. Possible?
Regular Contributor

Re: WN2000RPT - DHCP. Am I making this too complicated?

Seems common issues.

Contact support on this at my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Initial Contributor

I was hoping it was a common issue and that there's an easy answer. Unfornuately, my unit is refurbished and Netgear want's a lot of money for support. I was hoping the answer could be posted here. If it's common and you know the answer, would you mind sharing it. Thanks.
Regular Contributor

There is no magic solutions. Static ip is all you can do which you done.
Been buying returb, you will still have email support from my.netgear.com and use 2nd buttons with non- register user or exchange to new wn2000rpt or may need to find different products
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Initial Contributor

Hi TevaMarc. Had issues with my WN2000RPT dropping the connection, and turning on the hidden DHCP server in the repeater fixed my issue. Once you're logged into the repeater's webpage, go to http://www.mywifiext.net/cgi-bin/hidden_dhcpd.html and configure a nonconflicting address range for your regular WiFi's address space, I used .180 to .250. Then let it reboot, and everything should be fine (at least it was for mine).
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors