Follower

Cannot access the WNR2000 for configuration

[ Edited ]

The WNR2000 is hooked up to another router(sonicwall) via port 1 that connects to a DSL modem.

instruction on the WNR2000 says to go to www.routerlogin.net but that bumps me to the website, not the interface of the router. I tried various ip address but it doesnt connect to the router. i've tried 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1. I pinged those addresses in cmd but no response.

disconnecting port 1 and trying to use routerlogin.net doesn't work either.

the router works just fine but i need to access it because the wireless network isn't secure.

i tried various method mentioned in the site but none of them seems to work. i don't want to reset the router because i don't know if it has custom settings. I did not setup the modem.

Aspirant

Re: Cannot access the WNR2000 for configuration

Just cable connect only the Netgear router and PC, do a factory reset the device and try to access again the interface by using the default IP add or routerlogin.com.
kat

---------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if I could help you.
Luminary

see router setup on my sig below and setup correctly and also see router reset page as well and reset and try from the start....
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

I have the same problem with WNR2000, I have internet connection, can ping the router,but can't access it via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Tried your procedures from "Router setup", went to #8, but couldn't access the router.
Luminary

olegario wrote:
I have the same problem with WNR2000, I have internet connection, can ping the router,but can't access it via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Tried your procedures from "Router setup", went to #8, but couldn't access the router.

what is the broadband type
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

It's cable via modem Scientific Atlanta 2203C
Luminary

I'm mobile so I'm gonna look up the model but if the unit is only modem which likely then you should able to access on Netgear router
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Was this ever solved? I have EXACTLY the same issue with a WNR2000 V3. All works, cannot access setup. Had to take it in to work and use a computer there that worked But at home nothing gets me into setup. And Netgear phone support goes no where.

~Bob
Aspirant

I have wnr2000v1. Router is bllinking green power light, shows no wireless light and thus no connection not even if i connect my pc with it through wire.I cannot access configuration either by ip or by routerlogin.net. Have pressed the factory reset button many times still no avail.
Any suggestions!
Luminary

syedbilal wrote:
I have wnr2000v1. Router is bllinking green power light, shows no wireless light and thus no connection not even if i connect my pc with it through wire.I cannot access configuration either by ip or by routerlogin.net. Have pressed the factory reset button many times still no avail.
Any suggestions!

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
forum tools- post thread

this is how you do since you PM

sounds like unit is hang up on diagnostic boot.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Were you ever able to get this resolved? I have exactly the same set up and problem.
Novice

Five years later, I am encountering the exact same problem with no solution. The above link to "setup" your router is no longer active. Plugging solely my PC into a LAN port and nothing else into any others, I cannot access the router. The default 192.168.1.1 nor 192.168.0.1 nor www.routerlogin.net do anything, but take me to a not available page.

Using the windows "ipconfig" command, the default gateway is showing up as 192.168.1.254 and even when I enter this into the browser, I get a not available page.

The wireless is currently still working from the router, but it's not optimal. My phone can connect as well as my TV, but only my phone can access the internet.

It concerns me that if I do a factory reset and then still can't access the router, I'll need to purchase a new router. If that ends up being the case, I'm not purchasing another Netgear.
Novice

If the router is still functioning but unable to access the GUI page and you can do a firmware recovery through TFTP process. http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19841
Technologies make work easier

Nazrul Haque
Novice

so this will require some patience, but if it works hey its worth it, if not buy or exchange for a new router
before getting into the technical part of flashing with tftp try this and please follow these steps exactly Print this out and read completely before attempting so you thoroughly grasp the steps. Ive done this quite a few times and have had success 100% of the time and saved my customers from spending money they didn't have to.
step 1.
disconnect everything, now go to Network and sharing center(if on windows-control panel or right click on notification icon ) change adapter setting, right click on Ethernet, click properties, on box that pops up scroll down and click IPV-4(should be last one) now click properties make sure everything is set to automatic,(close the dialogue box but stay on network adapter page)
once that's confirmed,

STEP 2 (*NOTES*)(get a watch out that can count seconds-double clicking the "Date and time" in notification area on your computer works) (If you feel the reset button ever release though this step start over make sure you have something comfortable to hold and that wont slip or too small to exert pressure for an extended period of time, i use a pen tip and position the router against my leg just to be sure!)(get ready to not release reset until the very end)
hold down reset button on router, plug in power keep holding reset for 35 SECONDS NO LESS, Pull power cord KEEP HOLDING RESET for 35 more exact seconds, Plug power cord back in KEEP HOLDING FOR 35 more seconds now RELEASE (good job!) and now wait for the power light to turn green(so you just held the reset button for 105 seconds continuously)

Step 3 Now connect the LAN cord to router to computer. Wait for computer to talk with router give it a good minute, now right click on Ethernet on the page I instructed you to keep open (Ethernet shouldnt be grayed out anymore) and click status and then details. Make sure that the IP address assigned to you is 192.168.1.1 if it isnt these will be the final steps
(almost done!)
Step 4 close the two dialogues in which you just opened, right click on Ethernet click properties Scroll to IPV4 click properties and set your info manually
IP address 192.168.1.2
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1

DNS server

step 5 click okay on that box, and the previous one and now unplug your computer LAN cord wait a second, plug it back in, wait a second now open your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 screen should pop up saying detecting internet connection
wait and click configure yourself
once setup page loads put default credentials log in log out and turn off the router unplug your modem and wait 2 minutes, plug modem back in, wait 2 minutes plug router in to modem first then connect power, wait a minute(for green lights) set IPV4 settings on your Ethernet adapter as before to automatic click OK and connect computer wait a minute right click on ethernet click status then details, verify your IP address as 192.168.1.1 (if its 10.0.0.2 thats okay also) and try to navigate to 192.168.1.1 in your browser (if in status and details it says your IP is 10.0.0.2-you must navigate to 10.0.0.1),
if you have success your router now works and configure away
and you just learned how to clear the NVRAM and corrupted data manually off of a circuit board
If not go get a new one at least you learned how to troubleshoot IP address conflicts and DHCP server resolution!
hope this helps if you mess up in the order by the way or dont wait long enough you will sadly have to try again as I said in the beginning you need patience Ive been on the job site trying to hurry and Ive done this before and had to repeat until I waited the correct times to get it right, print this out so you have it next to you for reference and go through and check each step so you make sure to eliminate every variable that might be causing the issue.
Good Luck!
Discussion Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation