Aspirant

dgn2200 unable to change idle timeout

Modem is a Netgear DGN2200

My internet connection has been dropping out when I go idle. The ADSL light will stay on and green like there's a connection, but none of the 3 computers can connect to anything on the internet (different browsers, different emails, nothing will connect on any).

When I open up the Modem settings page (www.routerlogin.com) and select basic settings it says 'Always Connected' next to connection. Underneath that it has an idle timeout of 5 mins that I cannot change. In IE and google chrome the box is grayed out with the 5 there. In Firefox, it's not grayed out, but I cannot select it to change it (can't right click, can't get a cursor there, simply can't change it).

If I select 'Dial On Demand' for the connection, I am then able to change the idle timeout and put a zero in there. But the moment I hit apply down the bottom it comes up with an error. 'Invalid idle time, please enter proper numeral'

How do I set this modem to always connected with no idle timeout - this is starting to get a little annoying and I'd rather not have to go out and buy a new modem if I don't have to.
Aspirant

Re: dgn2200 unable to change idle timeout

Mzhillbilly wrote:
If I select 'Dial On Demand' for the connection, I am then able to change the idle timeout and put a zero in there. But the moment I hit apply down the bottom it comes up with an error. 'Invalid idle time, please enter proper numeral'

for changing the Idle time out to zero , first select the 'Dial On Demand' for the connection and change the idle time out to Zero and before applying the settings - change the 'Dial On Demand' for the connection to Always on the press apply you will be able to make the idle time out zero
Aspirant

To HarryKris,

I attempted your solution but the only problem, everything worked, but when i pressed apply to save those settings (on safari), when the screen refreshed, it had automatically gone back to 5. Any other ideas?
Highlighted
Luminary

use Firefox browser
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies