Initial Contributor

Cannot get PTV3000 to connect to VAIO laptop

Purchased a PTV3000 Push2TV from Best Buy today. I set up the hardware. I had previously updated my Intel WiDi software after reading some posts on here. I get all the way through the setup but when I type in the 4-digit pass code on my laptop it just show a status of "connecting" and nothing happens. The pass code stays up on my TV screen until the process times out and goes back to the main screen. The computer still tries to connect until I click cancel. My laptop is a fairly new Sony VAIO running Windows 7 and has an Core i3 processor. It meets all of the requirements for the Push2TV. I submitted a ticket to support. Any ideas?
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cannot get PTV3000 to connect to VAIO laptop

Occasional Contributor

I can't find the change log (?) but PTV3000 firmware 2.2.9 is out:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/Disclaimer.aspx?redirecturl=http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fi...
Occasional Contributor

Wow....lots of fixes in the lastest firmware 2.2.9 that just came out:

PTV3000 2.2.9 firmware CHANGE LOG:
Supported Intel Wireless Display platforms:

Occasional Contributor

I have installed the new 2.2.9 firmware, the Intel Wireless Display V3.5.41and the Intel ProSet WiFi driver V15.5.7, and I STILL cannot connect my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop to the adapter! I was hoping that the new 2.2.9 firmware would solve the problem with Windows 8, but no.

I'll attempt to resolve with Netgear Customer Service before returning the unit to Best Buy.
    Initial Contributor

Hey now.

So I spent a few hours last weekend trying to get this to workwith my new Win8 laptop, but to no avail.

I see there's a new version out there 2.9, but I only see 2.7 on the netgear page.

Also ^^^ you downloaded the Windows 7 Widi Widget? Do I have to do that to get it to work, even if my PC comes with Widi installed (core i5).

So confused and frustrated with this.
    Occasional Contributor

Cannot get PTV3000 to connect to Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop

After several weeks of discussions with Netgear and Dell, I have given up and returned the adapter to Best Buy. I will probably try the Belkin ScreenCast adapter, which has been shown to work with Windows 8 that was pre-installed on several brands of laptops.
    Netgear has taken several screenshots of my laptop, which indicate installed drivers and configurations. They have said that I will be contacted if-and-when a fix (firmware update) is available. I am not holding my breath.
    Occasional Contributor

Netgear has just released a firmware update - 2.2.12. I will give it a try with my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop and report the results.
    Discussion Stats
    • 7 replies
    • 0 kudos
    • 4 in conversation