Aspirant

"Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled"

My PTV was working pretty well, but then I found the little paper inserted with it telling me about the "critical driver updates."

So I installed them.

Now, when I try to open the program it says "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled. Restart the computer and try again."

Needless to say, no amount of restarting fixes the problem. Nor did uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it.

Help?

[FYI: Using the Sony VPCS111FM/S]
Luminary

Re: "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled"

FrustratedDude wrote:
My PTV was working pretty well, but then I found the little paper inserted with it telling me about the "critical driver updates."

So I installed them.

Now, when I try to open the program it says "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled. Restart the computer and try again."

Needless to say, no amount of restarting fixes the problem. Nor did uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it.

Help?

[FYI: Using the Sony VPCS111FM/S]

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/mywf

I would look intel site. it has many of tech doc you can read.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Download the new Intel WiFi driver from the link ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/PTV1000_PC_Wireless_13.1.1.1.zip
kat

---------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if I could help you.
Aspirant

katrinabernardino wrote:
Download the new Intel WiFi driver from the link ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/PTV1000_PC_Wireless_13.1.1.1.zip

Installed that first. Just tried the repair function just to be on the safe side. No dice.
Aspirant

Important NOTE: If the Intel Wireless Display application is not shut down prior to updating the driver, the software will cause the wireless driver update to FAIL! If the wireless driver update was not successful due to the Intel(R) Wireless Display software's being active (see note above), then the adapter may display "Unable to get IP address" and/or the Intel(R) Wireless Display software may display "Application has an issue" and exit. Solution: Shut down the Intel(R) Wireless Display software. Uninstall the wireless driver. Reinstall a clean copy of the wireless driver.
kat

Aspirant

katrinabernardino wrote:
Important NOTE: If the Intel Wireless Display application is not shut down prior to updating the driver, the software will cause the wireless driver update to FAIL! If the wireless driver update was not successful due to the Intel(R) Wireless Display software's being active (see note above), then the adapter may display "Unable to get IP address" and/or the Intel(R) Wireless Display software may display "Application has an issue" and exit. Solution: Shut down the Intel(R) Wireless Display software. Uninstall the wireless driver. Reinstall a clean copy of the wireless driver.

None of those messages appeared. Again, I already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Intel Wireless Display program.
Aspirant

after uninstalling the intel drive sw, check the registry of your computer if the said software is totally deleted.
kat

Aspirant

Intel wifi tech. will automatically enabled by Intel wireless display. Have you tried running Intel wireless display and see if it sees your PTV1000?
Aspirant

I have the identical problem on a Dell Studio. The PTV1000 and wifi Wireless worked great until a few weeks ago. Now everytime I try to use it I receive the same message "Intel My WiFi Techonolgy not enabled". I've removed and reinstalled all software/drivers several times, being very careful to follow all instructions (i.e., turning WiFi Technology off before reinstalling). Nothing changes. I've checked everything in Device Manager which reports everything is working fine.

Also, when I right click on My Wifi Technology icon the options to enable or disenable it are greyed out and inoperable. I tried everything I can think of - turning off firewall, turning off/on the wifi radio switch, checked all internet settings, rebooted after every system change to ensure a "clean" attempt. Nothing is working. Also see many similar complaints on Intel's website, as well as Toshiba's website about this identical problem.

Any suggestions? I called Geek Squad and they claim not to be aware of the problem, and had no suggestions.
Aspirant

bghauck wrote:
I have the identical problem on a Dell Studio. The PTV1000 and wifi Wireless worked great until a few weeks ago. Now everytime I try to use it I receive the same message "Intel My WiFi Techonolgy not enabled". I've removed and reinstalled all software/drivers several times, being very careful to follow all instructions (i.e., turning WiFi Technology off before reinstalling). Nothing changes. I've checked everything in Device Manager which reports everything is working fine.

Also, when I right click on My Wifi Technology icon the options to enable or disenable it are greyed out and inoperable. I tried everything I can think of - turning off firewall, turning off/on the wifi radio switch, checked all internet settings, rebooted after every system change to ensure a "clean" attempt. Nothing is working. Also see many similar complaints on Intel's website, as well as Toshiba's website about this identical problem.

Any suggestions? I called Geek Squad and they claim not to be aware of the problem, and had no suggestions.

do a system restore.. use the date before you updated the software as resote point.. Smiley Happy
Aspirant

I tried that. However, this programming issue apparently arose prior to the earliest system restore date retained on my laptop. And please do NOT suggest that I wipe the harddrive and reinstall original OEM programming and turn off system updates - while I have seen on other sites that this does work, it is not a solution.
NETGEAR Employee

So do you have wireless access at all on the laptop? If not, double check that the actual physical switch for the wifi on the laptop isn't turned off? You can also try turning it off and on again, or turn it off, reboot, then turn it back on. (I've ran across this before a couple of times, one of which was the laptop thinking the wifi switch wasn't enabled when it was. The other was having to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.)
Aspirant

Dogbert wrote:
So do you have wireless access at all on the laptop? If not, double check that the actual physical switch for the wifi on the laptop isn't turned off? You can also try turning it off and on again, or turn it off, reboot, then turn it back on. (I've ran across this before a couple of times, one of which was the laptop thinking the wifi switch wasn't enabled when it was. The other was having to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.)
My wifi works fine, just not my widi. Wifi connects to wireless modem and bluetooth. When I right click on My WiFi Technology, the enable and disable options are greyed out. And when I try to open/install Intel Wireless Display, I get a message that My Wifi Technology is disabled. Nonetheless, I did turn off the switch, reboot and turn it back on. No change.
vmr Novice
Novice

The Intel ProSet Wireless Driver upgrade instructions states that you should go into Custom Setup and explicitly enable Intel My WiFi technology when upgrading the driver. The default setup may not install My WiFi technology required for Intel Wireless Display.

Below is the link for Intel Proset WiFI driver upgrade instructions:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13040
Aspirant

vmr wrote:
The Intel ProSet Wireless Driver upgrade instructions states that you should go into Custom Setup and explicitly enable Intel My WiFi technology when upgrading the driver. The default setup may not install My WiFi technology required for Intel Wireless Display.

Below is the link for Intel Proset WiFI driver upgrade instructions:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13040

Actually, the instructions specifically state to go into custom setup to make sure that the entire package is properly selected for downloading to the computer, as the default setup does NOT select the entire package for downloading. And I did that - several times.
Aspirant

Aspirant

zashi21 wrote:
Try doing this:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/iwd/sb/CS-031057.htm

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

I can't even get to that point. When I try to open Intel Wireless Display, I get the message "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled. Restart the computer and try again" and the program automatically closes - thus I never get to the screen to tell it to scan for adaptors.
Aspirant

bghauck wrote:
I can't even get to that point. When I try to open Intel Wireless Display, I get the message "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled. Restart the computer and try again" and the program automatically closes - thus I never get to the screen to tell it to scan for adaptors.

Intel My Wifi tech has its own icon on the bottom right corner of your screen. Try right clicking it and open the application, there's a way to enable and disable it from there. I'm trying to find some screenshots of it but cant find any on the web. I've ran into this problem before on one of my friends computer that i had to get to the the Intel my wifi tech window and enable-disable it.

It should be left disabled before closing the application then open Intel wireless display and it supposed to enable the Intel my wifi tech automatically..
Aspirant

zashi21 wrote:
Intel My Wifi tech has its own icon on the bottom right corner of your screen. Try right clicking it and open the application, there's a way to enable and disable it from there. I'm trying to find some screenshots of it but cant find any on the web. I've ran into this problem before on one of my friends computer that i had to get to the the Intel my wifi tech window and enable-disable it.

It should be left disabled before closing the application then open Intel wireless display and it supposed to enable the Intel my wifi tech automatically..

Unfortunately, therein is the problem. The enable/disable options on My Wifi Technology are greyed out and not operable.
Aspirant

I have same problem, options to enable are grey and says no adapter was found, going to Manager device for scan nothing new appears!..
Aspirant

how updating the driver of the wifi?
Novice

same problem here, it does auto turn off in a while from use, only solution is no reboot, very frustrating...
Aspirant

Same here on using the Vaio. In the process of trying to update drivers backward and forward trying to improve the stuttering problem, eventually "My Wifi" no longer detects the network adapter.

System restore did work for me but every time I reinstalled to the newest wifi drivers, I would end up in the same state. Unfortunately, system restore no longer works as I made too many changes and "lost" the last restore point that worked.

Here is the discussion on the Intel boards:
http://communities.intel.com/thread/11787?tstart=0
Aspirant

Sometimes Dell Control Point software tries to control WiFi on Dell computers. (Other brands of computers might have similar wireless utility tools that manage WiFi.) The Dell Control Point icon looks like a little bar graph in the lower right-hand corner (near the computer's time). Right click on it, and choose "Open utility." In the utility, UNCHECK "Let this tool manage your wireless networks." CHECK "Enable radio" (for wireless). This way the Dell program will not manage your wireless. You should now be able to click on the Intel wireless icon in the lower right-hand corner and see available wireless networks. I hope this helps.
Aspirant

zashi21 wrote:
how updating the driver of the wifi?

I've updated all drivers available from Dell, including the wifi drivers. I've even gone back and reinstalled all the original drivers that came with the computer. No change - still does not work.
Discussion Stats