× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WMS5316 cannot manage WNAP320

Luciano63
Star

WMS5316 cannot manage WNAP320

Hello everybody, don't know if it helps. I had the same issue with WMS5316 and WNAP320. I solved the problem downgrading AP firmware to v2.0.3, which is the fw version supported by WMS5316 as stated in the reference manual.

After downgrading APs are sync'd again.

Ciao Luciano

Model: WMS5316|ProSafe 16 AP Wireless Management System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Luciano63
Star

Re: WMS5316 cannot manage WNAP320

Hello Dane, thanks for your answer. Here’s what I tried before downgrading:

1. I reset the 5316, which had fw 2.1.5 installed

2. Then installed v2.1.7, I think it’s the latest one available from your site

3. I entered configuration and connected the first ap after resetting  - no syncing

4. I tried downgrading to v2.1.x of ap firmware but no syncing again

5. I had anything working again as it should when I installed v2.0.3 on the ap

I haven’t tried upgrading the ap firmware once connected to the 5316, but reading other discussions this seems to be the problem. Aps lose syncing when they are upgraded. I need to have aps working, so this is the right solution for me as long as we will keep the 5316 as our management device.

Thanks again.

Ciao Luciano

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Luciano63,

I suggest you to upgrade the firmware of the WMS5316 to the latest version which is 2.1.7.  You can download firmware v2.1.7 here.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset on the WMS5316 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  

Then, upgrade the firmware of the WNAP320 to the latest version which is 3.7.9.0. You can download firmware v3.7.9.0 here.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset on the WNAP320 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.

Then, connect the WNAP320 to the WMS5316.  You should be able to manage the WNAP320 through the WMS5316.  The latest firmware v2.1.7 of the WMS5316 fixes the issue wherein it allows configuration and monitoring of the compatible access points (such as the WNAP320) that is in their latest firmware version.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Luciano63
Star

Hello Dane, thanks for your answer. Here’s what I tried before downgrading:

1. I reset the 5316, which had fw 2.1.5 installed

2. Then installed v2.1.7, I think it’s the latest one available from your site

3. I entered configuration and connected the first ap after resetting  - no syncing

4. I tried downgrading to v2.1.x of ap firmware but no syncing again

5. I had anything working again as it should when I installed v2.0.3 on the ap

I haven’t tried upgrading the ap firmware once connected to the 5316, but reading other discussions this seems to be the problem. Aps lose syncing when they are upgraded. I need to have aps working, so this is the right solution for me as long as we will keep the 5316 as our management device.

Thanks again.

Ciao Luciano

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Luciano63,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements