× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached devices all have orange flashing lights. Router lights correctly flashing green.

climb45
Aspirant

Attached devices all have orange flashing lights. Router lights correctly flashing green.

I have three computers attached to my WNR2000v2 router and the network cards of all of them have a solid green light to show that there is a connection, but flashing orange lights when data is being transmitted.  There is still an internet connection with all of them, but this, particularly when sending and receiving using Outlook, can seem to be very slow.  I also have issues backing up to a NAS as it can take up to 40 minutes to back up 3Gb of data using 7Zip instead of the previous 10 minutes.

I have tried replacing the ethernet cables and installing a different network card into the worst affected computer.  One of the others is a new pc so I don't think there can be a problem with the network card in that one.

I am therefore wondering whether the router could be causing the issue as it is the common denominator with all three computers.

Has anybody else experienced this and found a solution?

Model: WNR2000v2|Wireless-N 300 Router WNR2000v2|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Attached devices all have orange flashing lights. Router lights correctly flashing green.

The different colours are often indicators of the network speed.

Green = 1000 MBps (1000BASE-Tx)

Orange = 100 MBps (100BASE-Tx)

The WNR2000v2 is 100BASE-Tx.

You'll get 1000 MBps on newer routers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Re: Attached devices all have orange flashing lights. Router lights correctly flashing green.

The different colours are often indicators of the network speed.

Green = 1000 MBps (1000BASE-Tx)

Orange = 100 MBps (100BASE-Tx)

The WNR2000v2 is 100BASE-Tx.

You'll get 1000 MBps on newer routers.

Message 2 of 3
climb45
Aspirant

Many thanks for the useful information, michaelkenward.  As a result, I have been able to establish that orange flashing lights on the devices is normal, so the router is not causing the issue I am experiencing.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my question.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7