× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't upload file for firmware update

CM201
Aspirant

Can't upload file for firmware update

Hi,

I'm got stuck trying to upload the file during the firmware upgrade. I'm in Avanced Adminisration then click on Firmware upgrade. I click browse and click on the .img and click upload but get the message below.

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I have a hardwired internet connection on this computer and it is working. i tried turning off my malwarebtyes and windows firewall but that didn't work. Not sure what else to do?

Thanks for any help.

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CM201
Aspirant

Re: Can't upload file for firmware update

I was able to do it, i think. at the end it asked again for me to login to routerlogin.net but i think it worked. I got it to work either because i downloaded a file for the wrong rounter, because i did go back and re-did the download or it was actually busy and it finally let me do the upload. Another option is on the top of the home page of routerlogin.net it had a button that said "firmware avaiable for upgrade", that seemed to work to.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CM201
Aspirant

I was able to do it, i think. at the end it asked again for me to login to routerlogin.net but i think it worked. I got it to work either because i downloaded a file for the wrong rounter, because i did go back and re-did the download or it was actually busy and it finally let me do the upload. Another option is on the top of the home page of routerlogin.net it had a button that said "firmware avaiable for upgrade", that seemed to work to.

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you successfully upload the firmware?

Is the router working as usual?

You can always update the firmware either through the automatic firmware detection or upload it manually. 

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router?

How do I update my NETGEAR router’s firmware using the Check button in the router’s web interface?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7