Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect my PS4 to the PSN with AC1200 model: C6220 with wired connection

mitchellmcc
Aspirant

Cannot connect my PS4 to the PSN with AC1200 model: C6220 with wired connection

I am unable to connect my playstation 4 to the playstation network.  I am using a wired connection and am able to connect to the internet thru the PS4.  I have forwarded all the ports that the playstation requires.  However, it still does not connect to the playstation network.  I have contacted Sony customer support to ensure that it is not an issue with the console.

I would like to continue using NETGEAR products, however, I cannot seem to resolve this issue even after a 30 minute phone call with customer support.  If someone could please point me in the right direction, I would be greatful.

Model: JR6100|AC1200 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Cannot connect my PS4 to the PSN with AC1200 model: C6220 with wired connection

who is your ISP?

how is the PS4 connected to the C6220? Is it wired or wireless? 

Can you connect to the internet via C6220 on PS4?

Message 2 of 6
mitchellmcc
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect my PS4 to the PSN with AC1200 model: C6220 with wired connection

My ISP is Xfinity.  It is a wired connection to the C6220.  I can connect to the internet throught my PS4, when I view the connection screen on the PS4 it says successful connection to internet, but failed connection to PSN.  

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mitchelmcc

I found a good youtube video on how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hqF-x0D3n8

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
mitchellmcc
Aspirant

I followed the video exactly and it still did not connect.  When I manually entered my IP address and other parameters it then could not connect to the internet, in addition to not connecting to the playstation network.  I tried several different inputs for the manual setup to try and get it to work, and it didn't work.  I then went back to "easy" LAN setup and I could connect to the internet, but not the PSN.  I forwarded my ports for the PSN a week ago.

Is there a number I can call to get help more specific to my problem?

Message 5 of 6
mitchellmcc
Aspirant

I also entered in my IP adress, subnet mask, default gateway, and primary and secondary DNS manually and it had the same problem of connecting to the internet, but failing to connect to the PSN

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7