× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant find coustomer support to complain about having to pay for their problem.

wolfy1961
Aspirant

Cant find coustomer support to complain about having to pay for their problem.

Had to pay for their firmware update screwup.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cant find coustomer support to complain about having to pay for their problem.

Something contracted out, but possibly less fishy than something you found in Google.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

Re: Cant find coustomer support to complain about having to pay for their problem.

It is hard to tell what you are saying.

Did you phone the official support number, or something you found on Google?

Those searches often find dodgy sites that have nothing to do with Netgear. They are often dangerous. I hope you didn't let one of those get access to your system. I'd run a thorough security scan on my PC if I were you.

If it was Netgear support, did they suggest coming here as an alternative?

You can solve many problems for nothing simply by asking a question here. It costs nothing.

Message 2 of 6
wolfy1961
Aspirant

That's what the problem was.After installing the upgrade I could not access the internet. They charged me $94.00 to fix there upgrade. Don't seem fair to me. Just found a number to call and they will call in 3 to 4 hours.  We will see.

Message 3 of 6

@wolfy1961 wrote:

They charged me $94.00 to fix there upgrade. Don't seem fair to me. Just found a number to call and they will call in 3 to 4 hours. 

That sounds more like a scam than official support. That is not the amount quoted by Netgear.

Gearhead Support - Netgear's Tech Support for Home PCs & Network Devices

Unfortunately, Netgear has no control over crooked offshore call centres.

I would be very very careful before allowing these people anywhere near my computer.

Message 4 of 6
wolfy1961
Aspirant

GearHead -1-888-615-3488 support is the number I called. So this is NetGear, right?

Message 5 of 6

Something contracted out, but possibly less fishy than something you found in Google.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7