× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changing IP settings

Raghad
Aspirant

Changing IP settings

Hey everyone,

I tried to enter my router's settings to change the ip address, trying to make it work as an access point to extend another router's signal in my house. I guess i did something in the DHCP -if i'm not mistaken- and now i'm not able to access settings anymore.

There is no internet connection on this router which is not necessary to access seetings, but since then, it's always giving me an error that there is no internet connection when i type the ip in the browser to access settings.

Pleas advise. 

Thank you all

Model: WNR2200|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Chnaging IP settings

Welcome to the community, @Raghad

Perhaps, you disabled the DHCP? If DHCP is disabled then the router will not provide you any IP address in order to access the admin page of the router. In order to access it, you will need to assign a static IP address on the computer. By the way, before disabling the DHCP make sure that you assign a static IP address on the router. Check out the link below on how to configure it as an Access Point.

I’m setting up my NETGEAR router for the first time, how do I set it to Access Point (AP) mode?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Raghad

Perhaps, you disabled the DHCP? If DHCP is disabled then the router will not provide you any IP address in order to access the admin page of the router. In order to access it, you will need to assign a static IP address on the computer. By the way, before disabling the DHCP make sure that you assign a static IP address on the router. Check out the link below on how to configure it as an Access Point.

I’m setting up my NETGEAR router for the first time, how do I set it to Access Point (AP) mode?

Message 2 of 6
Raghad
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the welcoming. So for now i got the answer on how to make the router work as an access point. But i don't know how to reverse DHCP disable or recover the old settings to get into the router settings again. Man Sad

Please advise.

Message 3 of 6
Raghad
Aspirant

I tried the steps listed here http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-41.html for the wireless connection and the ethernet oe of the netgear router, and the problem is still existing. I'm not able to access my router's settings!

Message 4 of 6
Raghad
Aspirant

netgear.png

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Raghad You may push the reset button on the unit to start from scratch. I suggest that you use a paperclip to push it to make sure that it's firmly pressed. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7