× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Config screen not in the manual

paulkinzelman
Aspirant

Config screen not in the manual

I'm helping a friend get her router going, unfortuantely she bought it a year or 2 ago and never hooked it up so no tech support. 😞 We just updated the firmware (by clicking on the "firmware update is available" link). However, we can't get past the screen that comes up on the wireless tab to be able to configure the SSID, etc. It doesn't match anything in the manual. I've attached a screen shot of the screen. Clicking on Apply or Cancel does nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1439072/Netgear-Wndr3400v3.htmlwndr3400.png

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
paulkinzelman
Aspirant

Re: Config screen not in the manual

1) Firmware Version: V1.0.1.18_1.0.63

Sorry, I figured "the latest" would do it.

2) I found the image in the manual you suggested, but it's under the "Advanced" tab, and on my screen (as you can see from the image if it's posted) it's under the "Basic" tab. And I can't cancel or apply.

However I did get it going. I was trying to help the non-technical owner over the phone and hadn't actually seen it in person when I first posted. I went to her house and was able to get it going, but I can't tell you exactly what worked or exactly what I clicked on to get past the screen. Strange that the hang actually persisted even after a firmware update and reboot.

I don't need a fruther answer, am mostly posting this reply for anybody who might have the same problem.

But thanks for your attention anyway. I think it's kind of rude to provide only 90-days of support, she bought the router and didn't actually try to use it for a year. Better to provide 90-days after the first call or registration or something.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] We just updated the firmware [...]

To which version?

> [...] It doesn't match anything in the manual. [...]

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the (real, current) User Manual from Netgear
(instead of some obsolete garbage from who-knows-where).

> [...] I've attached a screen shot of the screen. [...]

In-line images in these forums must wait for moderator approval, so I
can't see yours yet.  (An attached file incurs no such delay.)

Message 2 of 3
paulkinzelman
Aspirant

1) Firmware Version: V1.0.1.18_1.0.63

Sorry, I figured "the latest" would do it.

2) I found the image in the manual you suggested, but it's under the "Advanced" tab, and on my screen (as you can see from the image if it's posted) it's under the "Basic" tab. And I can't cancel or apply.

However I did get it going. I was trying to help the non-technical owner over the phone and hadn't actually seen it in person when I first posted. I went to her house and was able to get it going, but I can't tell you exactly what worked or exactly what I clicked on to get past the screen. Strange that the hang actually persisted even after a firmware update and reboot.

I don't need a fruther answer, am mostly posting this reply for anybody who might have the same problem.

But thanks for your attention anyway. I think it's kind of rude to provide only 90-days of support, she bought the router and didn't actually try to use it for a year. Better to provide 90-days after the first call or registration or something.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7