× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure WNDR4300 as base and WNDR3700v3 as access point to create a bridge

Jmruizsr
Aspirant

Configure WNDR4300 as base and WNDR3700v3 as access point to create a bridge

I am trying to create a wireless bridge to connect ethernet components in one part of my home to the internet. The intenert connection comes through a cable modem connected to my wireless router WNDR4300. I want to re-purpose a WNDR3700v3 to bring the internet access to devices which do not have wireless capability (DVD Player and Roku) but have ethernet ports. I followed the instructions for each of the routers (different), but I must have missed or done something wrong, because it didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks. Juan
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Configure WNDR4300 as base and WNDR3700v3 as access point to create a bridge

Hi Jmruizsr,

If both router supports wireless repeating, try the link below.

https://kb.netgear.com/20604/Configuring-a-router-WNDR3800-as-a-wireless-repeater

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

Re: Configure WNDR4300 as base and WNDR3700v3 as access point to create a bridge

@Jmruizsr wrote:
I want to re-purpose a WNDR3700v3 to bring the internet access to devices which do not have wireless capability (DVD Player and Roku) but have ethernet ports.

How? You want the WNDR3700v3 to get wifi from the WNDR4300 and pass it on to the LAN devices?

If so, I see nothing in the manual to suggest that the WNDR3700v3 will work as a repeater.

There is a manual for the WNDR3700v3 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNDR3700v3 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

One way to achieve your objective is to use Powerline Ethernet to turn our mains ciruit into a LAN.

Powerline Networking | Powerline Ethernet | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 5
Jmruizsr
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm trying to connect the main router to the other via wireless and then connect the other devices to that second router via Ethernet cable.
I appreciate the link to the manual. However, I had already 're brewed that and tried to follow the instructions. The v3 version does support the repeater mode. It can be set as a base or repeater. If I had 2 routers log the sane model, I'm sure I would had made it work already. The problem is that I have 2 different model routers. The type that plugs on the electric outlet would not work in my case.
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Jmruizsr,

If both router supports wireless repeating, try the link below.

https://kb.netgear.com/20604/Configuring-a-router-WNDR3800-as-a-wireless-repeater

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Jmruizsr,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7