× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected USB drive listed as "Not Shared". How do I share it?

Brucebo
Tutor

Connected USB drive listed as "Not Shared". How do I share it?

Model # AC1450

I turned off sharing due to no password protection.   Now I can't figure out how to share it again.  Nothing in the Readshare web app seems to enable it.  The "Edit" button on the bottom left just seems to refresh the menu. If I plug this disk directly into the laptop it connects just fine. If I plug in a different USB device into the router it shares just fine.  WTF?  Is there a table of blacklisted volume labels somewhere in the router?

Secondary question, how to you set access passwords? 

Router USB menu 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Brucebo
Tutor

Re: Connected USB drive listed as "Not Shared". How do I share it?

I appear to have found the problem.   The Google Chrome browser wasn't allowing the "Edit" popup to appear and I was none the wiser.  I tried a different browser (Pale Moon) and when I clicked the "Edit" button a new window appeared allowing me to add another share.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Brucebo
Tutor

I appear to have found the problem.   The Google Chrome browser wasn't allowing the "Edit" popup to appear and I was none the wiser.  I tried a different browser (Pale Moon) and when I clicked the "Edit" button a new window appeared allowing me to add another share.

Message 2 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update.

Is everything working now? 

Message 3 of 5
Brucebo
Tutor

Yes.  Everything is working fine now.  This isn't the first time I've had invisible popup issues with Google Chrome.  Couldn't flight check-in to British Airways once in Chrome because relevant popups wouldn't appear.

Thanks,

-B

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

By default, the pop-up's are blocked in Chrome.

You may review your pop-up settings under Content Settings in Chrome

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7