Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3300v2 login error msg: 500 Internal Error

StageFright
Aspirant

DGND3300v2 login error msg: 500 Internal Error

DGND3300v2. Windows XP Pro SP3. Firmware unknown (reason why follows). Router is working OK re internet connectivity, for all connected devices, but I cannot access the administration pages. On trying to access 192.168.0.1 I am presented with the request for user id and password, as normal, but on completing that (apparently successfully), the webpage 'http://192.168.0.1/start.htm' then displays the text (black Times font on white background) "500 Internal Error" (next line) "Something unexpected went wrong running a CGI program. " This happens regardless of device that is used to make the access (I've tried 3 different ones - they can all access the internet OK via the router). I have switched the router off and on again. I have not performed a factory reset as I don't want to lose all the ISP connection info, and 'restricted access by MAC address' list. All devices connected are listed in the restricted MAC list. Encryption is not in use. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StageFright
Aspirant

Re: DGND3300v2 login error msg: 500 Internal Error

Thank you for responding.  I decided to contact the ISP, who gave me the set up/connection info, and then carry out a factory reset.  That gave me access to the router admin and then I could reset all the parameters as before.  The only problem I had was not realising, for a while, that the default password had been reinstalled.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I would double check your default gateway and see if it changed and then use that IP address to access the modem.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
StageFright
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.  I decided to contact the ISP, who gave me the set up/connection info, and then carry out a factory reset.  That gave me access to the router admin and then I could reset all the parameters as before.  The only problem I had was not realising, for a while, that the default password had been reinstalled.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7