× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Network Disclaimer Notification

jimdevonshire
Aspirant

Guest Network Disclaimer Notification

Is there a third party App I can use to present a disclaimer to my guests using my Guest Network? Some coffee shops offering free WiFi ask the customer to please use the service responsibly and to not download anything illegal and sometimes there is a "tick Box" the customer must select to prove they have read and agree to the statement. Thank you, Jim

Model: WNDR3700v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Guest Network Disclaimer Notification

As I mentioned, none of the Netgear's routers support a captive portal. I see that their business class wireless management controllers support it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The support you are looking for is called a captive portal. AFAIK, this is not available on Netgear routers using stock firmware. Some models can run 3rd party firmware, like DD-WRT, which have support for captive portals like Chillispot, Sputnik and others.
Message 2 of 5
jimdevonshire
Aspirant

Thanks for your advice but it is all greek to me. Do you know of a NetGear model that would support this type of portal ? From what you say my current model doesn't.

JW

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

As I mentioned, none of the Netgear's routers support a captive portal. I see that their business class wireless management controllers support it.
Message 4 of 5
jimdevonshire
Aspirant

Thank you for the clarification. To bad their isn't a residential class of router that would support a portal as mentioned. As a small business owner a device as you mentioned would not be in my budget.

JW

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7