× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am unable to access Router Login. The page is stating, 'This site cannot be reached'

Cherokee
Aspirant

I am unable to access Router Login. The page is stating, 'This site cannot be reached'

I have been attemting to access my router settings for two days.  I figured it was the browser so I have tried every popular browsser; Chrome, FireFox, and IE.  I received the same message from each of them.  I have tried to login with Netgear Genieand ereciieved the error that my router was either offlinr, Also make sure the device is not connected to the guest network of the router, nd no IPv6 is enabled.  I receive this error even when I attempt to login with a false password.  Please help I need to make network changes including adding a IP Cam. Thank you

Model: WNR3500L|Open Source Wireless-N (Gigabit) Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
VE6CGX
Master

Re: I am unable to access Router Login. The page is stating, 'This site cannot be reached'

Instead of typing in router login, just access router directly  by typing in it's ip address 192.168.1.1

Doing things via Genie is cumersome and slow. Also by doing manually you can learn about router

whole lot more. When I use Netgear router(now R7800) I never bother with Genie. It is improving but

not for me.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Re: I am unable to access Router Login. The page is stating, 'This site cannot be reached'

Instead of typing in router login, just access router directly  by typing in it's ip address 192.168.1.1

Doing things via Genie is cumersome and slow. Also by doing manually you can learn about router

whole lot more. When I use Netgear router(now R7800) I never bother with Genie. It is improving but

not for me.

Message 2 of 4
Cherokee
Aspirant

Thank you.  I cannot do anything without access to this page.  I have to figure out why the router will not recognise another IP cam.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with Poert Forwarding/Triggger settings.  On my way, Thank you again for the Life Preserver.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Just an additional information, below are the following links on how to access the admin page of the router.

Knowing the IP address of the NETGEAR Router

How do I log in to my NETGEAR home router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7