× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I can't find other devices on my network.

Liss
Aspirant

I can't find other devices on my network.

I am using a WNDR3700x2 router, with a wireless extender on another floor. When I log into the router itself, I can see all of our devices, both wired and wireless. I also downloaded the netgear genie app, and they show up there, too. The problem is that my devices cannot communicate with one another, and aren't found when I display the networks on the devices themselves. All computers are running Win 10, and both wired and wireless access to the internet works great. Through file and printer sharing, I have managed to get one wireless laptop to talk to a desktop computer, but only by making the desktop wireless, also. Files can now be accessed by both computers, but the laptop does not see the printer that is hard wired to the desktop computer. (Before Windows 10, the wireless computer could talk to that other computer when it was hardwired - that no longer works.) I am also unable to see either the wireless laptop or desktop computers from a different wired computer.

I think I am being stupid here, but am tired of hitting my head against the wall.... I read another post about this, where the gal had to reboot her router every morning for her computers to see one another. This is not the case in my issue; rebooting doesn't change anything, and the router login shows all devices connected - I just can get them to see each other through the computers.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Liss
Aspirant

Re: I can't find other devices on my network.

Thank you very much, Elaine! Woman Happy For some reason, using the Netgear Genie has allowed these computers to communicate again. It makes no sense to me why this would change anything, but it did, and now all computers are communicating with each other. Still having intermittent issues with the printer, but believe that has something to do with its time-out settings.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Liss

Have you tried disabling all firewalls on those computers?

Can you ping the IP addresses of the computers/devices?

"Enable Wireless Isolation" is not checked, correct?

Message 2 of 4
Liss
Aspirant

Thank you very much, Elaine! Woman Happy For some reason, using the Netgear Genie has allowed these computers to communicate again. It makes no sense to me why this would change anything, but it did, and now all computers are communicating with each other. Still having intermittent issues with the printer, but believe that has something to do with its time-out settings.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad to hear that it's working.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7