× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latest Firmware Version for WNDR4500v3 (October 2018)

arvesper
Aspirant

Latest Firmware Version for WNDR4500v3 (October 2018)

I received an email dated Oct 1, 2018, 5:11 PM, subject: "Important Security Firmware Update from NETGEAR", from: "NETGEAR Security <security@e.netgear.com>".  The email stated:

We've Enhanced Your Product's Security.  Please Update to the Latest Firmware.  Your products have the following updates available: Latest firmware version: v1.0.0.58

I've been conditioned to not trust emailed 'click here' buttons, so tried to do the update via Netgear Genie which tells me that my current firmware version which is V1.0.0.56 is the most recent.  Would someone please clarify this for me?  Thanks! 

Model: WNDR4500v3|N900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
antinode
Guru

Re: Latest Firmware Version for WNDR4500v3 (October 2018)

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Message 2 of 4
arvesper
Aspirant

Thank you to antinode for referencing the earlier post.  I failed to find that discussion...

Message 3 of 4
CADutch
Initiate

Why can't WNDR4500v3 update via its Check for Updates button?  Why doesn't the router Check button at least acknowledge the available update? Is Check bottom no longer working going forward? Is this a one-time event? Can the update be done remotely without having to power cycle the router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7